Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jesusrocksmysocks
Midshipman

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2008 :  07:49:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
The girl who plays the lead, Miley Cyrus says she is a born-again Christian. However, the way she acts seems to be very "Hollywood," and wears revealing clothes etc..
Also, there have been some scandalous pictures of her released on the internet lately.

We cannot judge, but by the way she acts, it doesn't at all seem as though she is one.

Anyhow, I've been very very confused with this... my question is, just because she claims to be a christian, quotes scripture etc.. does that permit us (as christians) to listen to her music?
I have a younger sister who watches her show, and the lyrics are very sensual, about boys, and how GREAT being a celebrity is... dadada da.
I've had a few friends that have told me,
"Well, she's a Christian. I guess we can watch her show then.."

What do you guys think??

maffio
Lieutenant

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2008 :  16:06:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
This is where personal convictions comes into the equation. No where does it say that you cant watch/listen to this kind of stuff but the bible does say that bad morals corrupts good habits. The best advice I could give is to pray about it 'cos really you want God's advice, not man's.

LUKE 16:10
those who are faithful in the small things god will trust in the big things!
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2008 :  17:43:40  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
"All that glitters is not gold" - I have teenage daughters, and although I have never heard of the person you mention, on what you have written I would advise my girls to give her a miss.

She still may be a Christian but has not yet got the revelation of virtuous, and in some churches they dont even preach on sin or morale standards - so with the video turned off we wait for some real honest born again christian to speak into her life, and pray that all those in public ministry set for themselves some good morales and principles and become the examples Christ would want them to be, and pray for her parents to guide her to Christ and not money.

Thanks from Kev - Forum and Site Admin
Go to Top of Page

RjB
Midshipman

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  15:26:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I think you must take in to account that Miley Cryus is a brilliant actress and is being a great christian. She sows an amazing amount of money on a weekly basis to the church.

The church is growing with the times leading pastors have all developed a look that is now of the world but it does not put them in the world. This post really frustrates me as a entertainer in the industry of entertainment and being 17 myself its really sad and insulting that followers of christ can be so critical on one their sisters rising the glory of God i believe that she has capitilised on the opportunities that have come her way. Yes lyrics referr to boys but I'm a committed young person on the hillsong youth leadership team which is a very well respected church and we allow young girls to make their own decisions on what they elect to wear. We are not placed in these young peoples lives to judge. Our judgement should convict you as a christian. A well respected pastor Judah Smith from generation church in Seattle, USA. Told me that his kids are still not christian cause their elevation into a relationship with Jesus is their own journey. It is not positive to be so forceful. GOD is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful then us and we do not need to mention Jesus in order to save a soul cause Jesus is the air we breathe so if you love on the lost they will eventually see....

As for Miley Cyrus she is a young girl in the flesh finding herself with God and she is a great rolemodel for young christians i watch her show and will continue too! CHRISTIANS PLEASE GET OUT THE BOAT the world needs our light ... and if we stay with in a sect of people then thats what we are limited too I attended Muslims mosques and have seen many faiths being practised JESUS LOVED THEM AND I WILL LOVE THEM!

God Bless; Lets change the world
Go to Top of Page

not.of.this.world
Midshipman

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2008 :  14:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's been very open in saying that she's a Christian.
However, no one physically living or breathing sees her motives.
Only God sees her motives.

Like it says in Matthew 15:8,
'These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.'

Just like you and me, she's human and makes mistakes.
But at the same time, in James it says that
"faith without actions is dead."
Your actions portray your character and in turn, that's what people see.
We're all responsible for our own actions and she's responsible for hers.

But remember, this is a race that we're running, and at the end God sees your heart and what will count is how we lived our
life in PURE FAITH and PURE LOVE
to reach out to the lost ones in this world.

fight the good fight of faith,
God bless you
Go to Top of Page

maffio
Lieutenant

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  08:38:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by not.of.this.world

She's been very open in saying that she's a Christian.
However, no one physically living or breathing sees her motives.
Only God sees her motives.

Like it says in Matthew 15:8,
'These people honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.'

Just like you and me, she's human and makes mistakes.
But at the same time, in James it says that
"faith without actions is dead."
Your actions portray your character and in turn, that's what people see.
We're all responsible for our own actions and she's responsible for hers.

But remember, this is a race that we're running, and at the end God sees your heart and what will count is how we lived our
life in PURE FAITH and PURE LOVE
to reach out to the lost ones in this world.

fight the good fight of faith,
God bless you

The truth is though as you said faith without works is dead. When Jesus is truly Lord and Saviour in your life then you will begin to kill off some things in your life that are not what God would have you doing. God is not something or someone that you can pull out on Sunday or Wednesday and then put back in a box and go back to the world. God is going to hold each of us accountable with the great and little that He has given us. If He comes and finds that we have been unfaithful with His "talents" as the scripture puts it then watch out cause you will have to make an account before HIM when you are standing there on judgement day.

LUKE 16:10
those who are faithful in the small things god will trust in the big things!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000