ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 A First Place to Go
 Are you New? Member Introductions
 marriage and divorce,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leonorasanders
Midshipman

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  07:51:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I was raised as a pentecostal all my live and i stronley belive, but I do not understand some things, like why it is that a person divorced because their mate committed adultery has to stand in the light acorrding to the bible? I am very troubled about this and i have a hard time beliveing that God wants a perfectly healthy person to be very, so very unhappy because they must waite until the mate that committed adultery on them die befor they can marrie again, can any one shed some light on this for me? i have been divorced for 13yrs now and it is very, very lonely and unhappy i know that God lives but some days i just wish that he could come down here and open the mistery to divorce and marriage part of the bible

only reply if you really know the voice of God, know the mister of his word, understand his word and are able to she light on this age old question for many christians and truly are a child of God!

leelee

liberater
Sub Lieutenant

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  17:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Acording to the Bible, It is the one who has commited adultery that cannot remarry, and if they do they commit adultery and so does their new partener.
But the inocent one is free to remarry. There are only two reasons why we can remarry, the other one being the death of one's partener.

Read Matthew 5: 32. and Matthew 19: 9. which say,[I will put it in a more clearer way]
"whosoever puts away his wife,[or husband] and maries another, commits adultery, and whoever maries her [or him] that is put away commits adultery, But if the wife "or husband" has commited adultery, the inocent party is free to marry". Why would a loving God condemn an inocent person to a life of loneleness, No He wouldn't.

Edited by - liberater on 23 Mar 2008 18:01:29
Go to Top of Page

leonorasanders
Midshipman

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  22:24:00  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, I have more to say but I am preprepareing for Easter service, but i will reply when i return.
God Bless You and have a Blessed Day
LeeLee

leelee
Go to Top of Page

liberater
Sub Lieutenant

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  01:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leonorasanders

I was raised as a pentecostal all my live and i stronley belive, but I do not understand some things, like why it is that a person divorced because their mate committed adultery has to stand in the light acorrding to the bible? I am very troubled about this and i have a hard time beliveing that God wants a perfectly healthy person to be very, so very unhappy because they must waite until the mate that committed adultery on them die befor they can marrie again, can any one shed some light on this for me? i have been divorced for 13yrs now and it is very, very lonely and unhappy i know that God lives but some days i just wish that he could come down here and open the mistery to divorce and marriage part of the bible

only reply if you really know the voice of God, know the mister of his word, understand his word and are able to she light on this age old question for many christians and truly are a child of God!



You dont; have to wait until the guilty persone dies, before you can get married again. The moment they commit adultery they have broken the covenant between you, and free's you, But you have a choice either to forgive the guilty one and carry on, or get a divource.
Go to Top of Page

leonorasanders
Midshipman

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  06:19:04  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply,i have studied Matthew 5/31 since my last reply, in my study bible it states,that legitimacy of the divorce does not necessarily establish the legitimacy of remarriage. Scripture never commands that one must divorce an unfaithful wife or husband.there are many examples of extending forgiveness to the adulterous offender gen.38:26, hos.3:1 john 8:1-11. The responsibility of divorce is clearly laid upon the one seeking the divorce. Whosoever shall put away his wife save for the cause of fornication ( because of fornication or adultery) thus the divorcer brings about an unjust suspicion upon the divorcee. Now my husband moved another women into his home and stated " I leaving for a year or two if things don't work out i will be back'. I divorced him fearful that he would bring me something that would kill me. based on the above,it is basically saying stay allow someone to murder you with aids or whatever there is out there kill godly women and men. I just can't see that right in that. i understand what you have replied, but i feel that maybe my upbringing and teaching holds me pisoner and i want out of this bondage i want it made CLEARER THAN CLEAR. I do want to marry, but i want to be sure that is no sin involved.

leelee
Go to Top of Page

liberater
Sub Lieutenant

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  07:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leonorasanders

Thank you for your reply,i have studied Matthew 5/31 since my last reply, in my study bible it states,that legitimacy of the divorce does not necessarily establish the legitimacy of remarriage. Scripture never commands that one must divorce an unfaithful wife or husband.there are many examples of extending forgiveness to the adulterous offender gen.38:26, hos.3:1 john 8:1-11. The responsibility of divorce is clearly laid upon the one seeking the divorce. Whosoever shall put away his wife save for the cause of fornication ( because of fornication or adultery) thus the divorcer brings about an unjust suspicion upon the divorcee. Now my husband moved another women into his home and stated " I leaving for a year or two if things don't work out i will be back'. I divorced him fearful that he would bring me something that would kill me. based on the above,it is basically saying stay allow someone to murder you with aids or whatever there is out there kill godly women and men. I just can't see that right in that. i understand what you have replied, but i feel that maybe my upbringing and teaching holds me pisoner and i want out of this bondage i want it made CLEARER THAN CLEAR. I do want to marry, but i want to be sure that is no sin involved.



Dont let your religeous upbringing hold you in bondage. If you are the inocent one, you are free, and there is no sin in devorcing the guilty partener, You had two choices, Stay with it and give it a go, or get a devorce, You chose to devorce, dont let anyone condemn you, God doesn't. As you are the inocent party you are not in sin or done anything that can cause any harm to come upon you.
Dont let the past defeat you twice, Let go and rejoice in God so He can guide you and bless you with His abundant life. God loves you, and should you chose to remarry, that is fine with God. But if you need to get your own revelation on this matter, I would praise and worship God, and pray in tongues.
Ephesians 5: 17--18.
v17. Be not unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
v18.Be filled with the Spirit.
As you are filled with the Spirit [you will speak in tongues], then you can get understanding and revelations from God.
The Greek meaning for, [Be filled with the Spirit], means."Keep being filled".
If you are not baptised in the Holy Ghost, ask God for it, and reach out in faith and receieve Him, [The Holy Ghost].
Go to Top of Page

leonorasanders
Midshipman

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  08:32:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
thank you for your advise,i must admit that i have allowd the cares of the world to weaking me in christ, but i am yet saved, christ came into me life at the age of seven, i do have his holy spirit, but sometimes we as people get of the path, will be study more and seek his face. I know that God loves me and desires to bless me, it is a blessing to be able to convers with someone and get feed back, as i belive i said before, when you are so lonley you sometimes wish that God or the angles would come down and visit with you. I thank God for praying people like you. Thank God for God!! My son says that i am making to much out the hole thing, that i have become to concerned with what people think, it not that! i just do not want to sin aginst God.

leelee
Go to Top of Page

liberater
Sub Lieutenant

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  16:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leonorasanders

thank you for your advise,i must admit that i have allowd the cares of the world to weaking me in christ, but i am yet saved, christ came into me life at the age of seven, i do have his holy spirit, but sometimes we as people get of the path, will be study more and seek his face. I know that God loves me and desires to bless me, it is a blessing to be able to convers with someone and get feed back, as i belive i said before, when you are so lonley you sometimes wish that God or the angles would come down and visit with you. I thank God for praying people like you. Thank God for God!! My son says that i am making to much out the hole thing, that i have become to concerned with what people think, it not that! i just do not want to sin aginst God.



[1]please dont misunderstand me, You do have the Holy spirit when you are born again, and God can speak to you, But there is a wonderful seperate experience called the baptism in the Holy Ghost for every believer who will have the faith to receive Him, He magnifies the born again experience and the love that comes with it, a hundred times over. and make us more sensitive to the voice of God.
[2] Dont let what people think hold you in bondage, Jesus has liberated you, so walk in that liberating life, and start to live again.
God bless you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000